Not much is going on in terms of embroidery this weekend as my brother-in-law is staying. I have been thinking about the next page which will be based on carvings relating to decay and harliquins, so I have decided to make the background out of printed decayed walls with graffitti on, fray one of the carvings and burn the other and add patchwork diamonds that are coming apart, dirty and generally old. I am looking forward to getting going on that page, but i must sew the first two together as they need a boarder of ribbon hand sewn around them and if I leave this until the end again, I may go bonkers as it takes a long time and is not that interesting to do!
My posts have not been very regular I am afraid, sorry. I have started running and I am so shattered afterwards that I am not useful for very much! That would explain why this page has taken so long!
I think I have finished it now, the leaves have had the veins painted on and they have been sewn down I couched chenille stems and little stem stitch small stems. I also made a love-in-idleness flower in stumpwork (which is new to me) and hid it under some of the ivy. Again the picture is a bit washed out. Sorry.
James' brother is coming to stay for the weekend, so it is very nice to have finished it before he comes and to have a break so
I have added some more stitching to the background and cut out some ivy leaves from vilene and painted them. I have just placed them on to see how they look and they will be folded and have veins painted on to make them more realistic. I now need to work out how the rest of the flowers and leaves will be added.
I have started the basic stitching of the leaves and ferns on the page, these will be mostly covered by the three dimensional leaves, but they will add depth to the forest scene. Hopefully there will be more done tomorrow :@) I will be having a look at my camera too, because the pictures are not coming out very well
The next page of my fabric book is coming on well. I positioned all the pieces, tacked them in place and then sewed round them in feather stitch, this all takes a lot longer as the pages are larger than the previous book. Tomorrow (hopefully) I will get started on the background stitching and then the 3D leaves which will cover most of the green pictures on the page. The leaves will be painted vilene with wrapped pipe cleaner stems. Oh and I have to go to the dentist :@(
I live in Newcastle (UK) and I have been a professional embroiderer for over 10 years.